Risk Safety Consultants offer a cost effective health and safety Competent Person Service on a retained basis to assist companies who do not have the necessary in-house expertise to fulfil this role within their organisation.
Why do I need to appoint a health and safety consultant?
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, Reg 7 requires each employer to appoint one or more competent persons to provide advice and guidance to the company on matters of health and safety.
Most Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) companies do not have the necessary resources to employ a full time safety advisor. This service allows your company to comply with the statutory provision at a vastly reduced cost to employing a full time safety advisor, calling upon professional support as and when required, but still allowing you to designate Risk Safety Consultants Ltd as your ‘Competent Person’ for matters of health and safety.
Many tendering health and safety questionnaires and contractor assessment schemes such as CHAS, Safe Contractor, Constructionline and Exor, require that you have ready access to competent health and safety advice and will expect you to be able to detail how you meet this requirement of the Management of Health and safety at Work Regulations. Using RSC's health and safety Competent Person service allows you to name our company as your Competent Persons for matters of health and safety, therefore complying with the regulations.
What will the competent person service cost?
All businesses are different and the level of support required may vary between businesses of a similar size. We have put together various standard cost packages to provide a varying levels of cover. These packages can be expanded upon with the inclusion of extra services to allow you to spread the costs throughout the year for the service level required.
Alternatively, you may want the minimum level of cover and be invoiced separately for any additional consultancy work undertaken outside the scope of the original agreement. We aim to be as flexible as possible and can produce bespoke packages to meet your individual requirements.
Our ‘Competent Person Service’ standard packages start from as little as £109 p/m* depending on the size of your business.
* Quoted prices exclude VAT
What do I receive for this cost?
As an example, the Gold level support package includes:
- Membership certificate
- Support on matters of health and safety via telephone and email (max 2 hrs/month)
- Regular updates on legislative changes and industry best practice procedures
- Initial health and safety review with report on compliance with current legislation
- Annual consultation meeting with one of our safety consultants to discuss your on-going requirements and to identify new work equipment, work procedures etc.
- Preparation of a bespoke health and safety policy document, including; policy statements, roles and responsibilities and arrangements for health and safety, (including annual reviews)
- You may designate Risk Safety Consulatnts Ltd as your ‘Competent Person’ on company literature or when completing tendering health and safety questionnaires and competency assessments such as CHAS, Constructionline, Safe Contractor etc.
- Produce risk assessments to cover company activities (max 20 No.)
- Produce COSHH assessments (max 20 No.)
- Assistance with pre qualification questionnaires (max 2 per month)
- Undertake main company premises fire risk assessment
- 4 x flexible company visitis throughout the year to assist and undertake health and safety duties on behalf of the company e.g. inspections, audits, reports etc. (max 4 hrs per visit)
Additional bespoke or hourly rate services may be requested where none of the standard packages are appropriate to your needs. These are usually used where additional services are required on a regular or non regular baisis, these additional services may include:
- Company health and safety audits and inspections
- On-site inspections and audits
- Fire risk assessment of additional company premises
- Consultant attendance at company safety committee meetings
- Introduction of compliant safety management systems
- Initial and annual refresher health and safety training packages
- Assistance with competency applications including CHAS, Constructionline, Safe Contractor
What are the payment options available?
Payment is accepted by standing order or monthly invoicing for this service.
How long will I be put under contract?
RSC professional safety consultants have come across many companies that have signed-up to a similar health and safety service on long term agreements, only to find that they are not receiving the expected level of service or support.
To that end we have decided not to put companies under a binding long-term contract for this service, allowing you to withdraw from the service at any time should you not be satisfied with the quaility of support that we are providing or your company circumstances change. This is quite unique, but we are confident that we can meet your requirements and expectations to allow us to have a long standing relationship with your company.
We would however request a verbal agreement that you would be willing to pay a minimum of six months of payments for this service before removing your company from the scheme. This is due to the fact that the majority of the work required to put the initial documents into place is carried out at the beginning of the agreement and this ensures a level of return for that initial work.